Japanese | English
SU Japan Users Group
This is the web site of the SU Japan Users Group (SUJUG).
This English web site is a compact summary of the original web site written in Japanese containing reduced information.
What is a ?
CWP/SU (Seismic Un*x) is a freeware package for seismic data processing provided by the Center of Wave Phenomena (CWP) of the Colorado School of Mines.
[What's New] [Mailing list]
[Download] [Installation notes]
[Contributions] [Publications and Reports] [Links]
SU Japan Mailing List
SUJUG members usually communicate by using a mailing list.
The mailing list is open to those who read and write Japanese only because our intension is
to discuss and exchange information on SU in Japanese (You can find SU
information written in English elsewhere.),
although we do not intend to shut out any persons who are interested in
The original Japanese web site contains following items written in Japanese.
CWP/SU can be downloaded from
CWP/SU web site.
An official mirror site is available at:
although both sites are usually fairly heavy.
For people in Japan, CWP/SU can also be downloaded from an unofficial mirror site at:
Before clicking the link above, read the notice below carefully.
If you want use a FTP client software, make a FTP connection with "ftp://tansa.kumst.kyoto-u.ac.jp/" as "anonymous". The sources are located at "pub/geophysics/cwp/".
Send your e-mail address as password properly. FTP server will refuse to connect if you are using an invalid e-mail address.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, they send a string like "Mozilla@" or "IEUser@" for password as default. Such password will be refused. Check your settings so that your e-mail address will be sent to us as the password.
Some FTP clients also send an invalid string for password as default.
Make sure your settings if you are unable to connect the server.
- Source of Release 34,
- Documents for Release 34,
- pvm, DSU (Distributed Seismic Unix), SUNT,
CWP/SU Install notes
Here, we provide installation notes and tips:
The contents are written in Japanese.
- Intall memos and examples of "Makefile.config'' for following OSs.
- SunOS 4.x
- Solaris 2.x
- "Makefile.config'' translated into Japanese.
Here, we provide some contributions for SU community by SUJUG members.
- Templete of SU program (saeki@JNOC)
- Data conversion program from SEGY to SU (better "segyread'') (saeki@JNOC)
- SUXViewer, SUPSPrinter: GTK+ based GUI (watanabe@Kyoto-Univ)
- SU manual (translated into Japanese) (watanabe@Kyoto-Univ)
Publications and Reports
Followings are the publications, reports and lectures by the member of SUJUG.
All the contents are written in Japanese.
- The 1998 One-day seminar on Exploration Geophysics by SEGJ "Reflection Seismic method''
- "Introduction and overview of SU'' by T. Watanabe (in Japanese).
- "Example of data processing using SU'' by T. Saeki.
- "High-accurate imaging using SU'' by K. Akama.
- T. Watanabe, 1999: "A guide to Seismic Un*x (SU) (1) ---Overview and getting started---'',
BUTSURI-TANSA (Geophysical Exploration), 52, 3, 274-286.
- T. Saeki, 1999: "A guide to Seismic Un*x (SU) (2) ---Example of data processing (part 1), Data input and the preparation of trace headers---'',
BUTSURI-TANSA (Geophysical Exploration), 52, 5, 465-476.
- T. Saeki, 200?: "A guide to Seismic Un*x (SU) (3) ---Example of data processing (part 2)'',
BUTSURI-TANSA (Geophysical Exploration), will be appeared......
WATANABE, Toshiki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Last modified: Thu Dec 27 09:26:48 2001